Sunday, October 30, 2011

Weekend Fun

Since it is the last weekend before Halloween there was lots of stuff going on around town.  There was a party at Hinton's and a big community party in Etown.  We opted for the Etown event since we had never been before.  It was an experience and now we know.  We waited in line to get in for almost an hour and then there was just a line around a big room with advertisers that were giving out candy.  Archer got a ton of candy so he was pretty happy.  I don't think that I would want to go again though.

Archer wasn't really in to wearing his bunny ears so Dada ended
up wearing them for a while.

We finally got him into the ears, after he got lots of candy he was
in a more cooperative mood.  It looks like he is upset in the picture
but that is his camera smile.

Archer was into coloring this weekend.  He really likes the coloring book that I got for road trips.  It is a color wonder pad so the markers only mark on the paper.  There are kind of hidden things on the sheet that you don't see until you color it.  Anyway..... usually he just scribbles over the pictures, but this time he actually colored the flower on the dog.  I was pretty impressed with how well he stayed in the lines.  Maybe it's just a mom thing, but I think that he is a genius.


Watching the GA/FL game on Saturday.  GO DAWGS!!!!

Today we decided to go out to Bernheim Forest to see the pretty leaves.  I have been dying to go to the woods to enjoy all the color, but last weekend all the leaves were gone because we had some really windy days.  I figured that we didn't have too many good weekends left because it has been getting pretty cold so we made time to go out for a hike.  Archer slept over 12 hours last night so it was perfect, he didn't need a nap.  He loves to walk in the woods so he was happy as a clam until the very end when he started to get a little tired.

Yea fall!!

Archer found the perfect leaf to pick, but it was a little bit out of reach

"Mama!!! A pretty leaf!!"
There was a canopy walk on one of the trails so that you could
walk out on a boardwalk and be above the canopy and look out over the
forest and into the hills beyond.   It was really pretty.

Rock climbing with Dada.

Archer really wanted to go on a hike, but I wasn't sure how far
I could make it.  We found a short half mile trail that was
perfect.  Archer loved looking for the trail markers on the trees.

There were lots of trees down from various wind and
ice storms.  Archer liked to pretend they were horses.

A cool tree that we discovered.

1 comment: