So..... today was the big day. Archer was kind of unexcited about it all until Dada got home and he saw all the other trick-or-treaters, then he ran in his room to get dressed and grabbed his candy bag. I made some fun snacks for pre-trick-or-treating and then we had dinner when they got done. I made apple mouths, hot dog mummies, creepy dip, and halloween shapes made in toast with toppings for snacks. Dinner was mummy pizza and swamp monster mac-n-cheese. Archer enjoyed the trick-or-treating and made it alot further than I thought that he would. When he got home he dumped everything out to show me. It was cute.
| pre-trick-or-treating spread |
| ready to go get some candy |
| hitting the first cluster of houses |
| Our yummy dinner. Archer loved the mac-n-cheese. |
| After the haul. Archer was on a little candy high. |
Love the snacks...very creative!! Our Halloween didn't really go as planned...it rained all day, and I came down with a stomach virus so I was incredibly sick all day (Maggie had the same virus on Saturday night). I am better now, and Will and Maggie braved the rain to do some trick-or-treating, but we didn't get to dress Lilly up like Pebbles like we wanted to. :-( Oh well...at least Maggie got some candy!
ReplyDeleteSad.... I love Halloween. I don't think that I have ever gone trick-or-treating, even as a kid, but I love seeing all the kids out and giving out candy. I love all holidays, the pagentry I guess, come to think about it.
ReplyDeleteI hope you are feeling better. Damn preschool. :)