Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter

We had a great Easter.  Archer got a Easter basket and lots of fun stuff.  Drake also got a gift from Grandma and Papaw.  After breakfast we had a quick egg hunt.  It was also fun.  We had a yummy lunch with all the family (27 people) and the kids got to play some.  It was a lovely day, and David called and said that he killed a turkey this morning, so great all around.


Fun stuff from the Easter bunny and Grandma and Papaw


Drake liked gnawing on his duck

There were 87 eggs to hide.  Parker and Mia (the older cousins)
were in charge of hiding them, they did a great job!

Archer found lots of eggs

A funny note:  Mom had a couple of chicks that weren't doing very well and they are in the "hospital ward".  Archer loves checking on them.  Today, sadly, one of them died.  I wasn't really sure how to approach it, so I just kind of hit it head on.  I told him that it was sick and then it died and it was OK.  He was in denial for a while and kept asking what happened, but then he accepted that it was dead and asked "Are we going to eat it?".  His father's son.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you guys hid 87 eggs! And I love the story about the chick...too funny!

    ReplyDelete