The beginning of the week was COLD! On Monday the wind chill was -25 and on Tuesday the wind chill was -2. Archer didn't have school so we did some fun stuff that I had seen on Facebook and Pinterest. We blew bubbles.... it didn't go so well on Monday because it was too cold (I almost lost a finger) and windy, but it was much better on Tuesday. We also froze some water in balloons and boiled water and shot it in the air with a water gun. It was all very interesting and cool. We spent more time outside when it was down right dangerous that we have the rest of the week. How often are you going to get below 0 temps in Kentucky though.... we had to take advantage.
 |
| the balloons filled with water |
 |
after 24 hours we took the balloons off the ice, the core was still
liquid, but it was like 95% frozen |
 |
| pretty frozen bubbles |
 |
| when you throw boiling water in the air on a below 0 day it vaporizes |
When you squirt boiling water out of a water gun it is awesome!!!
The week before the cold weather we got some snow, not a lot, but enough to play in. I filled water bottles with colored water and the boys went out to "paint" the snow. Archer loved it, Drake got "too cold, Momma".
 |
this is what Drake was up to while Archer and I were
outside... he found every candy cane in the house. |
Very cool...you are awesome for doing that!! It wasn't quite as cold here (I think the lowest we got was 9 degrees with a wind chill of -2), but waaay too cold for me...I'm still a Florida girl, after all. And speaking of Florida, GO NOLES!!!! :-)
ReplyDeleteI couldn't even fathom below 0 temps, I mean, can it even get that cold.... it was pretty crazy.
Delete