Friday, November 1, 2013

Fall Festival

There was a big fall festival at Archer's school tonight.  David went to Ohio to hunt with his dad so I took the boys to check it out.  It was really nice.  They had tons of fun games to play and a really good supper.  It kind of reminded me of the fall festival at Moon Lake when I was a kid, but it was much larger.  They even had a "jail".  The boys had fun.  They loved the bouncy house and getting candy.  Archer kept seeing kids walking around with fish in bags and was determined to get one.  We finally found the room with the fish game and got in just as it shut down... oh darn... but lucky us (sarcasm) they gave the last of the fish away to the kids in line.  Archer got the last bag and it had 2 in it.  He was so happy!  So... we had to go to the pet store and get a tank and now we have 2 pet fish.... Fishy and Wormy.  He loves them.  The tank was the most basic I could find with a filter and pump, but it is really pretty and has a really lovely light that is perfect for a night light.  I had some rocks and silk flowers left over from craft projects so we stuck those in there for the time being.  The fish may not even make it through the night.  I was a little nervous about tackling a school event with the boys on my own, but it was really fun and they did great.

in the bouncy house.  I thought that Drake would be a
little overwhelmed with other kids in there, but he held his own
and did great.  He loved it.

Archer with his fish

with all the festival fare.... popcorn, juice, and a big stick of sugar.
Luckily the fish excitement over ruled the stick of sugar excitement,
the stick of sugar is hidden somewhere in the house now.

No comments:

Post a Comment