Thursday, June 13, 2013

Pool Time

It was really hot yesterday so we went to the pool for the first time.  Archer was so excited.  He kept talking about how he wanted to swim in the big pool and jump off the diving board.  He's a lot of big talk until he actually sees the water.  I did get him a life jacket and we did venture in the big pool for a little bit, but he was too nervous to get in.  Drake didn't like the pool at all.  He wouldn't get in the water at all.  At least Archer liked the baby pool.  I don't think that we will be going back until Dada can go with us.



For some reason I can't flip my pictures.  Sorry...
 
At Get Ready Camp this week the theme is animals.  Today we made snakes with paper plates and animal masks.  Archer was amazing with the snake.  I drew the swirly line to cut on and then he colored it.  He used different colors in blocks and stayed within the lines and then did an amazing cutting job, all by himself.  It took him a lot longer than the other kids, parents helped a lot I think, but he stuck with it and did a great job.  Tomorrow is bug day.  Drake is going to love it.
 
 
the completed snake.  it was so pretty.

holding up the snake

lion face

We got Archer into a speech therapy program at a health care center in town, to keep him on track during the summer.  He has been to two sessions so far.  The speech therapist today said that he was very, very smart and that she thought he would learn the techniques fast and do really well.  I did notice the other day that he was telling me something about a train, and he drops the n sound on the end, but after he said it once (at his normal, fast, speaking speed) he slowed down and pronounced it again and said the n sound.  I didn't prompt him at all, he did it on his own.  He has never done that before.

No comments:

Post a Comment