| Toddler Time art project |
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Toddler Time
We went to Toddler Time today. Archer didn't really want to go, but I had to return some books so we had to go. Once we got into the library he was more compliant and we ended up having a good time. On an exciting note, we have been potty training for the last 4 months, sometimes hard core and sometimes not so much. This last week though I have really been pushing it. Our goal is to have a totally dry day and then two dry days, ect. Well, yesterday Archer did really well. He usually does well when there is nothing else going on, but if he is playing or otherwise absorbed in something he will forget. Yesterday he only had a couple of accidents but he went in the potty twice and outdoors twice (he loves going outside). Today, after toddler time, he said "I have to go pee pee." I was a little freaked out because we have never gone on a big potty before much less away from home, but he hustled to the bathroom and I held him on the potty and he went!! He had a dry day today. I am hoping that if he gets used to a dry diaper he will want to go in the potty more. It has been a very slow process. I don't know if I have learned to much to make it easier with Drake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Maggie took FOREVER to potty train, but I think part of that was my reluctance to put her in underwear. I kept her in Pull-Ups b/c she kept going in them, but then I realized that she was just using them as a crutch, so-to-speak. I finally bit the bullet and put her in underwear, and it only took a couple of days of accidents before she got the picture. So, that's my advice...if you think he understands when he's about to go, take the plunge and put him in underwear (but only at home)! As scary as that thought may be, it will take away his "security blanket" of diapers/pull-ups. Maggie is completely trained now (even at night, although she still wears pull-ups at night), and I have also stopped putting her in pull-ups for errands and outings. The magic of underwear!!
ReplyDeleteWe do that every now and then but it is such a mess that we usually revert back to pull ups. I think that I will have to bite the bullet and just do it. He is doing really well, maybe this weekend.
ReplyDelete