We had a very busy, but very fun weekend. Archer got lots of good Dada time. On Saturday, we went fishing on post. They just stocked a few small ponds late in the week and David had the inside scoop. We went in the afternoon and it was kind of hot. I wasn't sure how long Archer would last, but he did great. He really liked fishing himself. He didn't use a hook, but I would cast his line in the water with a bobber on it and he would reel it back in.
David ended up getting the limit (5) in a little over an hour. Just when he caught the last fish, Archer had a little mini breakdown. We ended up stopping on the way home for a strawberry milkshake to reward good behavior.
David had to do some work at the Shephard Place this weekend so he borrowed a 4wheeler from a friend and had it at the house for a couple of days. Archer was very interested in it. He would keep going to the garage to check on it throughout the day for 2 or 3 days. Finally, yesterday, David took him for a ride on it. He loved it. When they brought it back in the garage to park, Archer went and got his little battery operated 4wheeler and compared all the parts. He would point at the foot rest and then go to the big 4wheeler and point at those foot rests. He would point at the seat on his and then the seat on the big one.... and so on and so forth. Dixie enjoyed riding too.
Today it was hot. I think it was like 120 (OK... it was like 95, but it felt hotter). I wanted to go to Saunders Springs to play in the stream there, but Archer really wanted to hang around the house, so I found the little tide pool thing I got last year and set it up. It was perfect. Archer was still thinking about fishing and carried around his fishing pole most of the day, casting it in the yard, down the slide, in the pool, everywhere.
Archer is so adorable!! I love the photo of him sitting down w/ his little fishing pole! And the first photo of him w/ David is too cute!
ReplyDelete